Please click below for the draw. The attachments will be kept updated with results. Format and rules are lower down the page. Finals day will be Sunday 13th September – please keep this date free.
1. Match Format - Each match shall consist of three tiebreak sets (tiebreak introduced at 6 games all) - If there is mutual consent, the third set may be played as a Championship tiebreak (first to ten points, have to win by two clear points: i.e. 10-8, 11-9 etc.) -This competition works out as a knock out event. You will have a minimum of two matches as a plate draw will be in place.
2. Court Bookings and Equipment - Players are responsible for contacting the opposing team/players to organize fixtures - Players are responsible for booking their own courts - Players must provide a minimum of three tennis balls for matches - If a fixture is played on a court that has not been booked and the fixture is stopped before it is finished, the fixture must be booked again and continued from the same score.
3. Incomplete fixtures - If a particular team can prove they have made a concerted effort to play a fixture and the opposing team has failed to comply, the match shall be awarded to the former team.
4. Results - All results must be submitted to Simon Baker as soon as the match has been played.
5. General Conduct and rules - Players will keep their own scores and call lines - Lines must be called immediately with as little delay as possible - In the event of a dispute, offer to replay the point - In the event that both teams cannot remember the score, continue from the last known and agreed score - In the event that a player does not know whether the ball was in or out, the point must be given to the team that hit the ball in question - If play is interrupted, for example, a ball rolls across the court, the point must be replayed - Three consecutive let cords when serving is the equivalent of a fault (i.e. if the server is on the first serve and hits three let cords in the same point, even if the ball lands in, the server now only has a second serve) - At the end of the first round new pairs can be added into the league
6. Deadline - Matches must be complete by September 12th ready for finals day on the 13th September.
7. Contacting the opposition - Contact details will not be put up on the sheets - Please ask reception or myself if you struggle to get in contact with the opposition.